Free Tips & Tricks
Information Security Policy
Our datacenters are in secure facilities that are located in areas with no history of natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires, floods, etc.
- Our data centers (and your data) are guarded around-the-clock by private security guards.
- Each data center is monitored around-the-clock with security cameras.
- Access to the our data centers is restricted, and only pre-authorized personnel can enter.
We protect your websites and data against sophisticated electronic attacks. The following is just an intentional partial, generic description of our full network security practices. If you require further details on our network security, please get in touch with us.
- All processes are controlled and audited for compliance and quality.
- Shared SSL is used to ensure that data communications are secured on websites
- High-performance and certified Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/IPS) protect our network and your data.
As with our network security processes, our server security is tightly regulated. The following is not an exhaustive list of processes that we follow to ensure security on our servers.
- Viruses are scanned for and detected using daily updated virus-scanning protocols.
- Operating systems are hardened for security as vulnerabilities are minimized.
We focus not just on the technology but on people as well. Policies about escalation, management, and daily operations are well-defined to manage security risks.
- Only employees with the required clearance have access to specific servers and racks in our datacenter
- Only employees who need access to customers' data (such as for troubleshooting) are given passwords and keys. Any access is logged and passwords are strictly controlled.
- Regular audits are conducted on our processes and reviewed by management.
Redundancy and Business Continuity
One of the core principles of our network and infrastructure design is redundancy, because we know that it is not a matter of if, but a matter of when, that hardware fail. As such, we have designed our network and servers with the following in mind:
- WebONE servers run on a virtualised architecture, meaning that any hardware that do fail, can and will be migrated instantaneously.
- Data is backed-up regularly across multiple servers, ensuring an up-to-date copy of data even with hardware failures or disasters.
- WebONE's network is connected to the world through multiple Tier-1 ISPs, ensuring that we don't depend on any single one bandwidth provider.
- All of our servers come with power redundancy.
- Our network makes use of redundant network devices, i.e.switches, routers, gateways, to avoid any single point of failure on our network.
- WebONE's datacenters are protected by industry-grade fire prevention and fire control systems.
The areas listed above are brief and generic for security reasons, but we have taken great steps to ensure that our security policies, and architecture are reliable and secure.
For more information about our security here at WebONE, please feel free to contact us.
The above stated Securities Policies are correct as of
1st December 2016